Monday, April 26, 2010

Never Assume



Looking for good quality cocoa powder but Hershey's is too pricey? Check out the Ricoa Breakfast Cocoa. I used to pass this can by and not even bother to look at it, assuming it was a breakfast cocoa mix. Good thing I was bored enough to actually read the label one day. It's PURE 100% cocoa, no sugar added, in fact nothing else added. I got one can and used it to make (non-LC) cupcakes and they turned out fine (according to those who ate them, not me).

So, as a lesson, never assume. Read labels, double check, Google and wiki, do research on the things you put in your mouth. If I continued my wrong assumption, I wouldn't have had the pleasure of enjoying this delicious chocolate mousse. YUMMY!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Would you share your chocolate mousse recipe?

dee said...

The recipe I used is by BobbyX over at LCF. I just halved the recipe as follows:

1 cup heavy cream
4 T unsweetened cocoa powder (or to taste)
2 T Splenda (or to taste)
1 oz cream cheese at room temp (optional)

Just whip everything until stiff. It freezes well but make sure you thaw it before you eat hehe.

Post a Comment

This blog does not allow anonymous comments. Please leave your name or your comment will not be approved. Comment moderation has been enabled. Thank you.