Monday, April 26, 2010

Eggplant Chips



I was one of those annoying kids who actually LOVED eating vegetables. My friends were amazed when I would treat vegetables as dessert. They gave me those looks that told me I'm weird but I didn't care. I continued to eat squash, string beans even bitter gourd (today my hubby is the one giving me that look when I eat bitter gourd).

Eggplant is one of my favorite vegetables and with a net carb of 2.3g/100 g, it's pretty low in carbohydrates. I thought about deep frying eggplant slices and they turned out great.

There really isn't a recipe. Slice the eggplant preferably 1/2 inch thick. Preheat oil to 350 degrees. Fry in batches. Drain in paper towel. After frying I sprinkled chili powder, cumin and salt and shook the eggplant chips around. And that's what it's all about.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

This blog does not allow anonymous comments. Please leave your name or your comment will not be approved. Comment moderation has been enabled. Thank you.