Sunday, May 2, 2010

NOT IHOP's Pancake Cheesecake Stacker



I know it doesn't look as good as this but it's really, really, really good.

I made a cheesecake mousse which is very easy and put that between two of SFS's Pancakes! Delicious! Awesome! If you're past Induction you can even add strawberries and it will look just like the real thing.

I didn't make a real cheesecake because I thought it would add to the carb count. But please bear in mind this is so decadent and so rich that you should only have it during special days. Unless you have the self-control not to eat more than 1 "stacker".

Besides if I baked a cheesecake it would've taken longer and I was DYING to make this. Also, if the filling was an actual cheesecake then I wouldn't have gotten this adorable picture.



This is the closest I will get to an IHOP. *sigh*

Cheesecake Mousse

*The recipe I found asked for 4 oz cream cheese but I needed more cream cheese-y taste so I used an entire 8 oz. block. This makes a LOT. You have been warned.

8 oz cream cheese at room temperature, DO NOT SOFTEN IN MICROWAVE
3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
2 T Splenda, granulated
2 t vanilla extract

Whip all ingredients until stiff. I don't know if it was our hot weather here or the fact that I doubled the cream cheese amount and left the cream the same but it never got stiff, just semi soft. It kept its shape and that's good enough for me.

Put mousse in well-sealed bag and keep in the fridge until ready to use.

SugarFreeSheila's Amazing Induction Friendly Pancakes

4 comments:

Unknown said...

This looks amazing! Can't wait to try it out. Thanks for sharing

dee said...

Let me know how it works out. :)

Anonymous said...

I had a ton of the filling left and didn't know what to do with it. Then I figured something out! I used the LC english muffin from Linda's Low Carb (http://genaw.com/lowcarb/lc_english_muffin.html) and spred on the mousse and some sliced strawberries! OMG, yum!

Juliet Ly said...

Exactly what I've been craving!

Post a Comment

This blog does not allow anonymous comments. Please leave your name or your comment will not be approved. Comment moderation has been enabled. Thank you.