Friday, October 15, 2010

Green Bean "Lasagna"

When I first saw this recipe I told myself not to expect it to be just like the high carb lasagna. I'm glad I did because I wouldn't mistake this for the "real thing". However, this was a pretty great recipe if judged by its own merit. I never would've thought that green beans would taste good with cheese, although how could I not? Cheese, much like butter and bacon, makes everything taste better. This was very delicious. I only made one layer so it wasn't thick and as filling. If you do it this way, you can have this as a side dish with maybe a piece of steak for a main.



The recipe can be found here and it was created by LCF member heidihoopi. The only tweak I did was to use our local green bean which I believe is called snake beans in English, sitaw in Filipino and latoy in Ilonggo. I used four bunches, cut them in half and kept them relatively long. Then I blanched them in salted water until they were soft.



I was pleasantly surprised by how good this dish was and it heats up beautifully in the microwave. The taste does remind me of lasagna because of the sauce and the cheese but don't expect the texture to be the same as the real version. Hope you like this recipe as much as I did and thanks heidihoopi!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

This blog does not allow anonymous comments. Please leave your name or your comment will not be approved. Comment moderation has been enabled. Thank you.