Monday, March 7, 2011

BodyRock Challenge

Hello everyone!

I am so sorry that I haven't updated in a long time. I've been having some issues personally and mentally and emotionally that I decided to take a step back from all of the low carbing and weight loss and figure out what I want.

It's quite easy. 

  1. I want to walk and NOT have my thighs rub together.
  2. I want to have a flat tummy.
  3. I want my thighs to not look like the huge Chinese hams you get for the New Year's Eve party.
  4. I want to look good.
  5. I want to feel good.
But I wasn't doing anything that will help me achieve any of those wants. I would be very strict and on plan for three days then when I step on the scale and I see that I haven't lost weight or, in fact, have gained, I would lose it. I would start making bad choices food-wise. I started getting depressed and loopy. I'm not kidding. Ask my husband. On second thought, let's spare him my crazy hahaha.

So I had to sit down with myself and really figure out what I want out of my life. Do I want my thighs to be forever rubbing together, looking like a pair of hams in skinny jeans? NO! I have admitted before that I am as shallow as the kiddie pool part in a water park. And as much as I don't want it to be so, my looks greatly affect how I feel. So I guess for my mental and emotional health, I am going to give this another go around. And this time I will be doing it.

No excuses. No results. I have to choose one or the other because it's not possible to have both.

A few weeks back I stumbled upon this website bodyrock.tv and I really admire Zuzana, half of the couple who runs the site. She is so inspiring not just because of the way she looks but how confident and grounded she is. Now if you Google her, you might find out some things about her past. I did but I didn't care. Everyone has a past, right? So just ignore those. and when you watch her workout videos you might think it's a bit too sexy for a workout video but... well... she can't help it. Zuzana is really sexy. 

Anyway, I adore her attitude and her verve for life. So I decided to include her workouts in my daily life. Now I am such a couch potato. I probably spend up to 12 hours on my butt. I know that's not good, it makes my butt even wider. I started today with her Absolute Beginners workout. It was tough for me, I was sweating so much and had to pause more than twice. But I kept pushing myself.

Here are the videos I did today:

Warm Up


Pt 1


Pt 2


Pt 3


Pt 4


Pt 5


Pt 6


Stretching


Her workouts are 10 to 30 minutes long and easy to follow. You can really see she works hard when she's doing the workouts, too. She's not perfect and sometimes she pauses as well. I like this about her. Also her accent is so cute.

This is my BodyRock challenge. To do Zuzana's workouts on her site by following her workout schedule. Wish me luck!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

This blog does not allow anonymous comments. Please leave your name or your comment will not be approved. Comment moderation has been enabled. Thank you.