I woke up this morning with a HUGE pizza craving. So I went to my best friend Google and looked for a recipe that I had the ingredients for, easy to make and fast. I found it. It was delicious.
Ingredients (as quoted on the youtube video)
1/2 cup of coconut milk (or full fat milk)
1/3 cup coconut flour
1/3 cup flax meal
Add any spices or flavors you'd like to get a tasty crust. You can also cut the crust in strips and use as breadsticks.
I personally add:1 tbsp oregano 1 tbsp basil garlic powder (i don't measure, i just add til i think its awesome)
Tweaks I did
- I couldn't find our oregano so I used basil, garlic and salt. Next time we'll try without seasoning.
- Instead of milk I used 1 T of heavy cream and the rest water.
- I added one more egg and a tad more water to get it to a runny consistency.
- I didn't have parchment paper so I just made small pizzas and flipped after 10 minutes. I made four out of the recipe and I can only finish half of one.
- No parchment paper so I greased my baking sheet with lots of olive oil and used a hamburger flipper to flip the pizzas. They stuck a little bit but that was okay with me.
Rating: 4 out of 5
Comments: Very easy to make and fast. No more grating of cauliflower and cheese. Cheese is so expensive here so I like that I only need a tiny amount for topping. I can actually hold the pizza. It was really good and will make again definitely. I think I've found the only pizza recipe I will ever use.
IMPORTANT: If you don't have coconut flour, don't use this recipe. In other words, don't sub coconut flour with other flours. Coconut flour is a very thirsty flour and the ratio of wet to dry ingredients is very specific to the recipe. If you use nut flours the liquids would be too much.
You can find out more about this recipe from Mark's Daily Apple and from Ben's site.